You come into contact with a variety of people when visiting a church. One of the first people you encounter is an Usher as they would naturally give the first impressions of the ministry.
Our vision is taken from the scripture Romans 7:6 ” To serve in the newness of the spirit”. The Ushering and Protocol departments are made up of friendly and approachable men and women with a genuine heart to serve by helping people feel the warmth, friendliness and love of Jesus Christ.
The objective of the Ushering department is to make both members of the church and visitors feel welcome and comfortable in worshipping with us at Charis Christian Centre.
The Ushering Department functions in the following capacity:
- Greeting and welcoming worshippers courteously. This involves efficiently ushering worshippers to seating arrangements in the sanctuary, directing people to all locations within the church eg Toilets, Bookshop and children’s nursery.
- Handing out of bulletins, prayer points and all other ministry material.
- Assistance with collecting of tithes and offerings.
- Cleaning and tidying up the sanctuary before and after services.
- Parking arrangements.
- Maintain alertness for any emergencies that may arise during the service.
The Protocol Department ministers in the following capacity
- Ensuring the welfare of Pastors Kenny and Dupe.
- Ensuring the welfare and hospitality of guest ministers during their visit to Charis Christian Centre.
- Picking up and returning guest ministers to their desired destination.
- Working with the ushering team to ensure the smooth running of the service.
Serving in the newness of the spirit empowers us to serve everyone in humility and love. We look forward to welcoming you to one of our services. God Bless.